Re: [xsl] union/intersection on attribute values

Subject: Re: [xsl] union/intersection on attribute values
From: Dan Diebolt <dandiebolt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:24:09 -0700 (PDT)
I understand these three (maybe four) de-duping techniques. I am trying
to come up with some simple examples where the various techniques can be
compared on a !common!basis! using the same XML file so I have some
additional questions. Here is the first:

DC>select="foo[not(.=preceeding::foo)]"

How do you de-dup if you have already fromed a variable $In2not1:

<xsl:variable name="In2not1" select="item/@set2[not(. = /items/item/@set1)]"/>

What I need is the select statement in the following code that will de-dup
$In2not1 (what's listed does not de-dup):

<xsl:for-each select="$In2not1[not(.=preceding::*)]">
 In2not1=<xsl:value-of select="."/><br/>
</xsl:for-each>

or poised another way, how do you de-dup $In2not1 to produce variable
$In2not1_deduped"

<xsl:variable name="In2not1_deduped" select="f($In2not1)"/>

Regards,

Dan
---------
<items>