RE: [xsl] Using XPath expressions in modes

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using XPath expressions in modes
From: Oliver Becker <obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:34:43 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

the following is a scenario, which might possibly related to the question
of dynamic modes.

Suppose I have a given DTD and a stylesheet from someone, that transforms
valid documents into HTML or something else (for example DocBook or
xmlspec). I think it's not important to know, how the provided stylesheet
works in detail.

Ok, now I extend the DTD (e.g. by using parameter entities) and of
course extend the stylesheet, too:

<xsl:stylesheet ...>

<xsl:include href="original.xsl" />

<xsl:template match="added-element">

</xsl:stylesheet>

To be sure I can add a "catch all" template, too:

<xsl:template match="*">
   <xsl:message><xsl:value-of select="name()"> not processed</xsl:message>
</xsl:template>

So the problem is: if the included stylesheet uses modes to process the
input, my templates wont be used. I have no way to find out, for which
modes I need to provide my additional templates, except I look into the
stylesheet code.

Any ideas?
Cheers,
Oliver

PS: After writing this mail I found a similar one here:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xsl-editors/2001JanMar/0110.html

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |