Re: [xsl] xsl] XSL and XMLSchema

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl] XSL and XMLSchema
From: Karim Barkati <barkati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:43:45 +0200
Dan Diebolt a écrit :

> What do you want to come out of your stylesheet? It dawns on
> me that if you want sheetmusic, this might be a real trick.
> How would you synthesize all of the graphic elements; SVG?
> Are you just looking for an interchange format to exchange
> music between people or applications?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

Thank you for your answers.
Francis, you exactly confirmed my hope, thanks.
Dan, you discovered my aim unless I needed to explain. I know it won't
be simple, but you're right, I'd like to separate the notes from
graphical representation. An XML schema should describe the logical
level strictly. A system of cascading style sheets should store all
typographic rules: for example, the first would contain general spacing
rules, and the second local exceptions.
The final goal is a SVG java converter to display score the finest way,
taking in input a myScore.xml file (conforming to myMusic.xsd), and the
styleX.xsl files to generate the graphical SVG file.
I'd like to try xmlspy: what do you think of it?

Best regards,
Karim Barkati