Re: [xsl] html output

Subject: Re: [xsl] html output
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 13:20:20 -0600 (MDT)
Jeni Tennison wrote:
> So I guess the question is how do you know that it's outputting XML
> rather than HTML?

No working on the weekends! :) The answer is right here:

> >     The browser outputs xml source instead of html output.
            ^^^^^^^             ^^^^^^
...and here:

> > <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="A.xsl"?>

He's using the XSLT namespace with stock IE5 and getting output that he
doesn't expect. And he thinks View Source is showing him the output of the
transformation.

Zafer, your XSLT code is fine. You are just using the wrong XSL
processor, and you are also not seeing what the actual output is.
You'll need to install the IE tools for Validating XML and Viewing XSLT
Output to see the HTML. They currently live at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?ShowPane=false&URL=/code/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/000/543/msdncompositedoc.xml

Go read the MSXML FAQ at http://www.netcrucible.com/ for info on updating
the processor that IE5 is using.

   - Mike