Re: [xsl] Re:recursive problem with full path and position info

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re:recursive problem with full path and position info
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:09:54 +0100
Hi Sun-fu,

> Dan, I found I got a different solution from yours while
> experimenting Jeni method as you suggested. I have root(2) instead
> of root(1) , perhaps you can correct me the missing point.

The reason for this will be because the root element is the second
node under the root node in your XML document.  I should have added
the following template, to make sure that the *document element*
is the only child of the root node that has templates applied to it:

<xsl:template match="/">
   <xsl:apply-templates select="*" />
</xsl:template>

Either that, or use something other than the position() (which always
reflects the position in the list of nodes that are being processed)
to give the numbering.

I hope that helps,

Jeni

---