[xsl] The comparison after inner for-each iterartion

Subject: [xsl] The comparison after inner for-each iterartion
From: Dan Diebolt <dandiebolt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 06:28:26 -0700 (PDT)
Y> I am using two for loops for node comaparison.

I think you are trying to appraoch your problem as if XSLT
is a procedural language. Upon clarification of your question,
you may find you don't need any 'for loops'.

Y> <Xml>

Realize you cannot have a tag starting Xml was it is reserved.

Y> In my output I want to do like: If <Name> child from <Personnel>
Y> node has same value of ' first' attribute
Y> as in Prof/Name then Personnel/Name will not be written to output.

I don't quite see the utility of what you are attempting, but I
read your problem to be as follows: output each Prof/Name unless
there is a Personnel/Name with the same first name. As a preliminary
step towards a solution, the attached files output each Prof/Name
and a message if there is a Personnel/Name with the same frist
name. Could you clarify the logic you want to see and give an
example of the output?

Also, I added <Name first="Mery" last="John" /> to <Personnel> and
produce  the following output with that attached files:

Prof: Joe, Mery
There is a corresponding individual in Personnel with the same first name.

Prof: Bush, Andrew

Regards,

Dan

File:Personnel1May2001
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="Personnel1May2001.xsl"?>

<Info>
 <Personnel>
  <Name first="Peter" last="Golf" />
  <Name first="Alex" last="John" />
  <Name first="Mery" last="John" />
 </Personnel>

 <Prof>
  <Name first="Mery" last="Joe" />
  <Name first="Andrew" last="Bush" />
 </Prof>
</Info>

File: Personnel1May2001.xsl
<?xml version="1.0"?>
 <xsl:template match="Info/Prof/Name">
  Prof: <xsl:value-of select="@last"/>,
  <xsl:value-of select="@first"/><br/>
  <xsl:if test="@first=../../Personnel/Name/@first">
   There is a corresponding individual in Personnel
   with the same first name.<br/>
  </xsl:if>
 </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>