Re: [xsl] Recursion Examples

Subject: Re: [xsl] Recursion Examples
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:37:19 +0100
Hi Jon,

> Or maybe I used nice icons in place of the words. Regardless, I need
> to physically show with icons or text what Dan is showing in the xml
> structure.

The difficult part is the control flow, which Dan has showed you how
to do - how to go from the parent to the child.

What you produce is really up to you.  You *might* find it easiest to
have a two-step transformation - first into a nested structure, and
then to the tree view.  If you do it in one step, you'll probably want
to pass a parameter around to give the indent text that you want.  For
example:

<xsl:template match="module">
   <xsl:param name="indent" select="'|--'" />
   <xsl:value-of select="$indent" />
   <xsl:value-of select="name" />
   <xsl:apply-templates select="key('modules', id)">
      <xsl:with-param name="indent" select="concat($indent, '-')" />
   </xsl:apply-templates>
</xsl:template>

I hope that helps,

Jeni