Re: [xsl] ordering and iteration problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] ordering and iteration problem
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 09:39:36 +0100
Hi Dan,

> Which begs the quesion, is there no way to create some new nodes
> using standard XSLT or are we condemmed to just subset on stylesheet
> and XML document nodes?

You could imagine an extension function or template that (using
exsl:node-set()) generated a number of nodes whose identity you don't
care about. But you very rarely want that, really - it would be a lot
better to have an extension element that loops a number of times, and
makes the number of the particular iteration available for you to use.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison