RE: [xsl] using XSL with SAX or DOM parser

Subject: RE: [xsl] using XSL with SAX or DOM parser
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 13:22:26 +0100
> Is it possible to use a SAX parser with XSL?

yes, many XSLT processors, especially the Java ones such as Saxon and Xalan,
accept input from any SAX or SAX2 parser.

> and I am wondering if there is a DOM tree
> necessary to work with XSL.

Most XSLT processors prefer to build their own tree, optimized for XSLT
processing, rather than using a DOM, which tends to contain all sorts of
clutter like entity reference and CDATA nodes. The main exception is MSXML,
where the XML parser and XSLT processor are tightly integrated in one
product.

Mike Kay
Software AG