RE: [xsl] Q on <xsl:sort>

Subject: RE: [xsl] Q on <xsl:sort>
From: "Walter Torres" <walter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 18:31:53 -0500
OK, let start over here...

I get the same results with...

     data-type='number' and select='./interaction/timestamp/@unix'

     data-type='text' and select='./interaction/timestamp/'

I am not getting what I am thinking I am asking for.

I think I am asking for a sort on the NODE timestamp by text, or on the
attribute unix by number.

What I am getting is the data set sorted by 'record' order. Meaning the
order the data is in the original xml file is the way it is coming back.

If I add,  order='descending', the data is displayed...
   record 4
   record 3
   record 2
   record 1

If I do order='ascending', the data is displayed...
   record 1
   record 2
   record 3
   record 4

This is not what I think I am asking for.

It should display (based upon the time of each record)...
   record 4
   record 1
   record 3
   record 2

I undestand that if I use 'number' with a text data I will get NaN and I
will not gt what I want.

So, what am I missing here. What am I not seeing?

thanks for your help.

Walter