[xsl] how to pass xsl-parameter with clientside processing?

Subject: [xsl] how to pass xsl-parameter with clientside processing?
From: "B. van Hest" <b.vanhest@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:28:44 +0200
Hi,

does anyone know how to pass a stylesheet parameter from a html-form to a xml-document and xsl-stylesheet wich are processed on the clientside (using Internet Explorer 5/ MSXML3) ???

I know how to handle this with a web-server which can process XML, but this is no option in this case ("traveling salesman" with a standalone notebook)

Problem description:
The XML is a static file with product descriptions, in which the user can search. I have created a HTML page with a FORM in which the user can enter a search text. The form action is the xml-document:

<form action="produkten.xml" method="post">

The xsl-stylesheet contains a xsl:param with the search criterium. The problem is that i can't find how to set the stylesheet parameter with MSXML !!!  (the transformation itself works o.k., but all products are shown)

I have tested the xsl-stylesheet from the DOS-prompt with James Clark's XT processor and the selection mechanism is working fine, but every xsl-processor seems to work differently with passing stylesheet parameters...

thanks, Bart