[xsl] RE: new release of the XSLT book/caching included XSLT sheets with the JAXP API

Subject: [xsl] RE: new release of the XSLT book/caching included XSLT sheets with the JAXP API
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:23:00 +0100
> Anyway, while reading the JAXP section, I suddenly realized there is
> no way to cache included stylesheets using the URIResolver and
> Templates classes.

The Templates object (certainly in Saxon) holds a compiled representation of
not only the principal stylesheet module, but of all included and imported
stylesheet modules. xsl:include and xsl:import are compile-time facilities
(which is why all attempts at constructs like <xsl:include href="{$param}"/>
are doomed to failure).

Mike Kay