[xsl] generate-id accross different xsl files

Subject: [xsl] generate-id accross different xsl files
From: "Heath Wilkinson" <heath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 18:15:25 +0800
Hi,

I have a rather large XML document, and I wanted the html output from this
document to enable the user to drill down through the document by creating a
"contents list" for each level of the xml tree which links to the data from
child elements.

I have been able to do this by outputting one big html document with links
using something along these lines :

What I now want to do is ouput html files from the one xml file dynamically
by using a different stylesheets for each page as the user navigates through
the information. So I guess what I need to know is :

Will generate-id always produce the same id for a node in an xml document
with different stylesheets? If not does anyone know a different way to link
views in html of an xml document when the tags in the xml document are not
marked with any id's?

Thanks for any help, hope this makes sense...

Heath Wilkinson