RE: [xsl] Continued problems with XSLT (Ser

Subject: RE: [xsl] Continued problems with XSLT (Ser
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 15:48:15 +0100
Serdar,
>Hi All,
>  Chris Bayes sometime ago kindly took the time to offer a solution to use
>the ASP Server.URLEncode method in XSL (see:
>http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200104/msg00849.html) this
>really put me on the right path, but I'm still having problems with this.
>
>The link that is getting generated from the code is:
><a
>href="http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A81%2Fcatalog%5Fsub%5F2%2Easp%3FCAT1%
>3DNetwork
>ing+Hardware%26CAT2%3DBridges%2FRouters%26CAT3%3DNORTEL+NETWORKS"
>xmlns:ServerFuncs="urn:Server-urlencode">linkit</a>

Like I said in the post you don't need to do this if your output method is
html which it is.

>What I need it to be is:
>http://bsd06:81/catalog_sub_2.asp?CAT1=Networking%20Hardware&CAT2=B
>ridges/Ro
>uters&CAT3=NORTEL%20NETWORKS
>">linkit<a>
>(minus the wrapping, off course)
>
>I'd like to know:
>  a) how to get this to work that way I thought it would

don't use it

>  b) OT: what is the VBScript equivalent of the "var myObject = new
>Object();" line

Dim myObject
Set myObject = New classname

>  c) and finally, what actually addObject does? (MSXML4 docs says "Adds
>objects into a style sheet".. yeah, thanks.)

That's what it does. It just makes it available to the stylesheet via it's
namespace urn. If you didn't add it you couldn't use it.

Having said all that using cooktop i get the following

<?xml version="1.0"?>
 version="1.0"

 <xsl:output method = "html" />
 <xsl:template match="/" >
  <xsl:apply-templates />
 </xsl:template>
 <xsl:template match="a">
  <a>
   <xsl:attribute name="href"><xsl:value-of
select="@href" /></xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:value-of select="text()" />
  </a>
 </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<someURLFile>
 <a
href="http://localhost:81/catalog_sub_2.asp?CAT1=NetworkingHardware&amp;CAT2
=Bridges/Routers&amp;CAT3=NORTEL NETWORKS">linkit</a>
</someURLFile>

href="http://localhost:81/catalog_sub_2.asp?CAT1=NetworkingHardware&amp;CAT2
=Bridges/Routers&amp;CAT3=NORTEL NETWORKS">linkit</a></html>

hmmmm