Re: [xsl] XSQL/NAMESPACE

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSQL/NAMESPACE
From: "Steve Muench" <Steve.Muench@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 16:30:11 -0700
| Using  XSQL, I would like to include a lookup table in my XSL. However, I
| would also like to use a namespace  for the lookup table elements. It is
| easy enough to have my query return column aliases that match a namesapce
| but the my problem is that XSQL also returns a root element of <ROWSET>
and
| a child element  <ROW> which contains all of the query elements. Thus,
they
| do not match any type of namespace I am trying to establish. Can anyone
| think of a work around or possible suggestions. I guess I could maybe
| proceed without a namspace but it seems less elegant.

Kevin,

It's not clear whether you are asking...

   (*) How do I get an XSQL Page to generate:

          <foo:ROWSET xmlns:foo="urn:bar">
               :
          </foo:ROWSET>

       instead of just:

          <ROWSET>
           :
          </ROWSET>

or whether you're trying to simply include some lookup
data in your XSLT stylesheet like this:

                   xmlns:lookup="urn:foo">
     <lookup:codes>
        <lookup:code>A</lookup:code>
        <lookup:description>Apple</lookup:code>
     </lookup:codes>

     <xsl:template ... >
      :
    </xsl:stylesheet>

If it's an Oracle-specific question, it's best to post
it on our Oracle Technet XML Discussion forum.