Re: whitespace problem (was: AW: [xsl] import/include and apply-imports)

Subject: Re: whitespace problem (was: AW: [xsl] import/include and apply-imports)
From: Ingo Schildmann <ingoschi@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:05:10 +0200
On Thursday 10 May 2001 10:33, Markus Klinge wrote:
> We have a problem concerning whitespace.
>
> The HTML output I receive looks something like this:
>
> <title>
> 						a value
> 						</title>
>
> How can I get rid of the whitespace here?
> indent="no" and xsl:strip-space where of no help.

It would help, if you would mail the part of the stylesheet that
produces this.

Don't let your stylesheet produce any unwanted whitespace.
You can use xsl:element and xsl:text to make sure
that the result contains as much whitespace as you wish.

<xsl:element name="title">a value</xsl:element>

or
<xsl:element name="title">
<xsl:text>a value</xsl:text>
</xsl:element>

Whitespace between different xsl-tags won't appear in the result.
--
Ingo Schildmann                                                ingoschi@xxxxxx