Re: [xsl] what am I missing?

Subject: Re: [xsl] what am I missing?
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 16:48:01 -0600 (MDT)
Carlton Noles wrote:
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="addhead.xsl"?>
> [...]
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/xsl/transform";>

Let me guess. You are using IE5 and you have not downloaded and installed
MSXML3 in replace mode. The old version of MSXML is not an XSLT 1.0
processor.

Go to http://www.netcrucible.com/ and read the MSXML FAQ. This comes up
EVERY DAY on this list. Or at least, it seems like it. We all have very
short fuses on this topic.

Also get the tools for viewing XSLT output in IE, so you can see the actual
output (HTML or whatever) that is being generated, since "View Source" shows
you only the original XML.

> <xsl:param name="LName" select="''" />

This is more verbose than necessary. A parameter defaults to an empty string
if some other value isn't provided. <xsl:param name="LName"/> would have the
same effect.

   - Mike