Re: [xsl] Use of variables in location paths

Subject: Re: [xsl] Use of variables in location paths
From: Bob Kline <bkline@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 14:10:40 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 14 May 2001, Jeni Tennison wrote:

> When you use a variable reference at the beginning of a path
> expression, technically it isn't a step, it's a filter expression.
> Needless to say, you can't use a variable reference of any kind as a
> step within a relative location path.
> I hope that helps,

Perfectly!  Thanks very much.  Now I can go back, armed with your very
clear and precise explanation, and correct the information I gave to our
project team based on the FAQ.  I won't even attempt to provide any
explanation as to why the recommendation does things this way, allowing
filters at the beginning of the path expression, but nowhere else in the
expression.  :->}

Thanks again for your very helpful answer.

Bob Kline