RE: [xsl] xsl:output encoding attribute

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:output encoding attribute
From: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:27:56 -0700
This is likely because the output is stored in a string (BSTR) at some
point.  All of the internal Microsoft APIs and datatypes that deal with
Unicode typically store the data as UTF-16 (UCS2).  So the output gets
automatically converted to UCS2 for storage in the internal structure.
One option is to output your transform to a Stream (such as the Response
object) object instead.

UTF-
> 8
> encoding.  But Microsoft's parser is outputting UTF-16 encoding.
>
> There is an encoding attribute  on the xsl:output element that we
should
> be
> able to use to control the output encoding. We have been unsuccessful
at
> getting that to work.  Any idea what value belongs on that attribute?
Or