RE: [xsl] Root node vs element root?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Root node vs element root?
From: "Evan Lenz" <elenz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:42:18 -0700
> Yes, it is dealt with by the XML parser, but some parsers pass the XML
> declarations to the XSL processor, in which case you could match it with a
> template.  Of course, this is up to the XML parser, and really
> has no impact
> on the XSL.

No, you are mistaken. XML declarations cannot be matched or selected,
because they aren't a part of the XPath/XSLT data model. I don't know where
you got this notion.

Perhaps you're confusing it with processing instructions. That would be
understandable, since they "look" like processing instructions. But they are
not processing instructions according to XML 1.0, and, accordingly, they are
not considered processing instructions in the XPath/XSLT data model.

Evan Lenz
XYZFind Corp.