RE: [xsl] nested templates?

Subject: RE: [xsl] nested templates?
From: RSuiter@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:07:36 -0500
Chris Bayes:

Since you used the magic word "goto", I think that the lack of structure is
what is conceptually wrong with the original idea of "nested templates(from
Alex Black) in the first place.  This is like the (legal) COBOL structure
of PERFORM paragraphs A THRU K, and then having other places where you just
PERFORM B (which was in the original sequence A THRU K).  This leads to
unmaintainable spagetti code in a big hurry.  I think this is why Wendell
Piez and Tom Passin were urging the "lots of little bits" approach.  In
fact, Wendell was quite explicit about this (though he may not appreciate
my "help" here).

Rick Suiter