RE: [xsl] Get Processing Instruction MSXML3.0 sp1

Subject: RE: [xsl] Get Processing Instruction MSXML3.0 sp1
From: "Jay Gardner" <jgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:59:28 -0500
Jeni,

As always, thank you very much for the help.

I would not have taken the time to make sure
this was correct and using the proper syntax
if you had not helped me.

In this case, I am using the MSXML parser with
ASP, so there is no XSL involved.  I am using
the DOMDocument object with the selectSingleNode
method to get the node I want.

I tried changing the pi() to processing-instruction(),
but at first it didn't work.  then I came across
this:

The SelectionLanguage internal property defaults to
"XSLPattern."  This value had to be changed first to
"XPath" for processing-instruction() to work for me.
In ASP, the syntax is

Call DOMDocument.setProperty ("SelectionLanguage", "XPath")

I know most of you are already aware of this, but I thought
I'd put it out there anyway for those of us who don't.

Thanks,

Jay