Re: [xsl] Control over html output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Control over html output
From: Alex Black <enigma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:27:02 -0700
> white space nodes in the stylesheet are stripped (unless they are in
> xsl:text) perhaps that's what is confusing you?
>
> so
>
> <xsl:value-of.../>
>   <xsl:value-of.../>
>     <xsl:value-of.../>
>

> can be indented as I like without putting any white space in the output
> but
>
> <xsl:value-of.../>,
>   <xsl:value-of.../>,
>     <xsl:value-of.../>,
>
> all the white space will go to the output exactly as input.

ah, got it.

is there a global "output" for a stylesheet one can set that says "preserve
whitespace" etc?

and, actually, does that mean that I have to nest xsl:text in all of my
template calls?

<xsl:template stuff>
    <xsl:text>

    </xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

? (which would be bad from my perspective, because I can see maybe wanting
to "globally" turn on whitespace preservation for my stylesheets if I was
debugging html output or something...

so it would be convenient to have a switch in the stylesheet tag that allows
me to globally say:
    -preserve my whitespace
    -nuke the whitespace and give me a clean stream

hopefully that exists...?

_alex

--
alex black, ceo