[xsl] javax.xml.transform: prohibiting Java extensions

Subject: [xsl] javax.xml.transform: prohibiting Java extensions
From: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 14:15:52 +0200
Hi,

I am considering to use XPath as a query language within a WebDAV DASL
grammar. This means client software can submit a query where the condition
is expressed as XPath expression applied to the WebDAV properties of the
resource(s).

As WebDAV properties can be in "any" namespace, I need to allow binding of
namespace names to prefixes, so that the prefixes can be used in the XPath
expression.

However, most Java-based XSLT engines allow to create Java objects (and call
their methods) by specifying a special namespace, which currently is
proprietary. This means that blindly executing the query after binding the
namespace prefixes, a client can get access to all objects in the system.

Obviously, one needs a way to prohibit execution of extension functions...
Is there a portable way to to it? If not, how could I achieve this with
Xalan?

Julian