Re: [xsl] xml->xsl->pdf

Subject: Re: [xsl] xml->xsl->pdf
From: Joern Clausen <joern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 11:13:24 +0200
Hi!

> I do this when I need better quality formatting or a higher
> level or automation than current FO applications provide. I
> transform XML to LaTeX using a text-mode XSLT file, and then run
> pdfLaTeX on the output.

How do you translate certain things? E.g., what about entities like
'&amp;' that should appear as '\&', or escaping bare $-signs?

> What I'd _like_ is a latex-mode for XSLT, which would accept
> literal-result templates in XML syntax and emit LaTeX source, eg
>
> <xsl:template match="div2/head">
>   <subsection/>
>     <xsl:apply-templates/>
> </xsl:template>

How about an <xsl:output method="TeX"/> for a start?

--
 Joern Clausen                                joern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Faculty of Technology           http://www.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE/~joern/