Re: [xsl] HTML in CDATA

Subject: Re: [xsl] HTML in CDATA
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:59:39 -0600 (MDT)
Robert Dahnke wrote:
> If I have HTML in a CDATA region like here:

CDATA sections are just a convenience so that you don't have to escape the
markup in the source document. It doesn't make the character data mean
anything different than

  Test News&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Test News etc etc.

If you want to produce non-well-formed output like you describe, you need
to use disable-output-escaping="yes" when you create the text node with
value-of. Ideally you should not be trying to embed one form of SGML in
another. XSLT is not the best tool for mixing legacy HTML with XML.

   - Mike