Re: [xsl] xsl:sort Please Help

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:sort Please Help
From: Adam Turoff <ziggy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 22:25:36 -0400
On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 03:50:44PM -0700, Paul_B_Grimes@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> No, I'm not using WD-xsl.  I'm still a little confused though.  Thank you
> for your help and your time.  I am pretty new at this.

You may be using the XSLT language, but you're declaring your instructions
to belong to WD-XSL.

> The following works fine in my application.
> <current_projects>
>       <xsl:for-each order-by="+project_title" select="
> project[project_title$lt$'Z']" xmlns:xsl="";>

What you're saying here is that within the scope of <for-each/>, the
xsl: namespace prefix is  The XSLT specification
explicitly states that XSLT instructions must be within the XSLT
namespace (

What you probably want to do is something like this:

	<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="";

	       <xsl:for-each order-by="+project_title"
> So I would think the similar format of this would work.  If I don't have
> the name space in there, I am getting an 'Invalid procedure call or
> argument' message.
> when the name space is there, the table appears  blank.

This is because for-each in the WD-xsl namespace isn't an XSLT instruction;
it shouldn't do anything.