Re: [xsl] org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: String index out of range: 29

Subject: Re: [xsl] org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: String index out of range: 29
From: tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Trevor Nash)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:53:59 GMT
Heather,

Unless I can't count, neither of those strings is longer than 32 (I
make it 26 and 31).  So what happens if you do not call this template
at all?  Or miss out the test about containing spaces?

The only thing I can think of related to substring is that processors
sometimes get confused by strings which have diferent lengths
according to XPath or Java, but your 'special' characters do not look
special enough to get us into this area.

I suspect your use of substring is a complete red herring - the
problem is elsewhere, e.g. something to do with however you are
passing the string into the stylesheet, or maybe an associated Xalan
bug.  Have you tried the Xalan mailing lists?

I would be interested to hear what the story is, if you ever get to
the bottom of it.

Regards,
Trevor Nash