Re[2]: [xsl] xsl:sort Please Help

Subject: Re[2]: [xsl] xsl:sort Please Help
From: Steven.C.Kienle@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 07:37:36 -0400
  Just to clarify: the correct sorting syntax in XSLT would be:

  <current_projects>
     <xsl:for-each select="project[project_title &lt; 'Z']">
        <xsl:sort select="project_title" />

        <project>
           <project_title>
              <xsl:value-of select="project_title"/>
           </project_title>
     .
     .
     .

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:sort Please Help
Author:  xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at Internet-America
Date:    29-06-2001 10:24 AM

              .

> So I would think the similar format of this would work.

You are indeed confused. Your order-by attribute is WD-xsl syntax, your
select attribute with its $lt$ operator is WD-xsl syntax, your namespace is
WD-xsl, so what do you mean, you aren't using WD-xsl?

Get yourself an XSLT reference and try very hard to forget anything you ever
learnt about WD-xsl; certainly get rid of the expectation that something
that works in one language ought to work in the other. They are quite
different.

Mike Kay
Software AG