RE: [xsl] How to sort a nodeset referenced by a variable?

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to sort a nodeset referenced by a variable?
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 12:04:50 +0100
Shailendra,

At 04:19 PM 7/5/01, you wrote:
I changed the sort key from
<xsl:sort select="$fileterNode/secondElement">
<xsl:sort select="./secondelement" />

It started working. I think now I understand your point.

But as has been mentioned two or three times in the last few days,

./secondelement

is just the same (as an XPath expression) as

secondelement

This is because ./secondelement expands to self::node()/child::secondelement, and there's no need for the first step, since it is just traversing the tree from the context node to itself (and only then going to your secondelement children).

So <xsl:sort select="secondelement" /> would work as well (and be a teeny-tiny bit faster).

Cheers,
Wendell