Re: [xsl] Announcement: Xselerator Beta download available

Subject: Re: [xsl] Announcement: Xselerator Beta download available
From: Paul Prescod <paulp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 16:13:15 -0700
Lajos Moczar wrote:

> All of this discussion raises the question of doing an open source
> XML/XSL developers toolkit with the features and capabilities that we
> all need on a daily basis, like the UTF-8/16 support. I've actually
> messed around with the idea a while back (using wxWindows which is a
> cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit) and it seems like a feasible project.

I would encourage you to use not just wxWindows but wxPython! We've
found Python to be a pretty really efficient Unicode environment in
building our Komodo development environment. We don't use wxWindows
ourselves but I've heard great things about it.

Komodo isn't open source but it is an XML/XSLT editor/debugger (along
with Perl, Python, Php). And it is free for personal use. And it has
pretty good Unicode support so you'll have to find something else to
complain about (probably the download size!). :)
--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.