Re: [xsl] breadcrumbs

Subject: Re: [xsl] breadcrumbs
From: tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Trevor Nash)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:19:56 GMT
On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:15:00 -0400, you wrote:

>Is there a way to leave "bread crumbs" of the directory tree?  I can't find a universal function to do this.  So far all I've seen is stuff in SAXON but is there any other way?
>
>I want it to automatically display in the upper left (or wherever)
>
>resources/universal/douglas_adams/towels/
>
>when it is that far into the directory structure above the domain name.  thanks.
>
>eric

Eat sandwiches at your desk??  Why do you call these "bread crumbs"?

If you mean can you get at the name of the input XML file, then the
answer is no, apart from extension functions such as saxon:SystemId()
which you seem to have found already.
The other approach is to pass the filename as a parameter to the
transformation.  How you do this depends on the processor and whether
its being called from a command line.  Inside the style sheet you just
need a top level xsl:param element.

Regards,
Trevor Nash
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx