RE: [xsl] Sorting a NodeSet Contained Within a Variable

Subject: RE: [xsl] Sorting a NodeSet Contained Within a Variable
From: Oliver Becker <obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:24:06 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi Bryan,

> Thanks for your guidance, but this isn't working 100% for me.
> I can sort the node-set if it is comprised purely of nodes from my xml
> source tree, but not if it consists entirely of the results of a series of
> calculations (using count()) done on nodes from the source tree. In other
> words, I want to put those results into a nodeset and sort them.

Hmm, then you should probably show us how your variable is built.
In (pure) XSLT 1.0 you can't create a node-set as a result of a transformation.
Fortunately many vendors invented a node-set() extension function.

So I assume the problem is that your variable actually doesn't contain
a node-set, but rather a value of a different type.

Cheers,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |