[xsl] Background color problem with dynamic XSL transformations

Subject: [xsl] Background color problem with dynamic XSL transformations
From: richard.whitley@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:18:11 -0700
I'm using the MS DOM interfaces through JavaScript to generate HTML dynamically at runtime.  The script is called in an HTML onClick event handler.  I use IXSLProcessor to apply a transformation to then XML, and then I display the HTML in a browser frame.  The following line sets the background color:

The problem is that the background color does not come through correctly in either IE or Netscape.  Silver comes through as white.  This problem occurs only if the page is generated dynamically.  Static pages show the correct color.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Is there any way to fix it?  I have checked the generated HTML output, and it looks correct.

Thanks for any ideas.

Richard Whitley
Autodesk, Inc.