Re: [xsl] Table formatting challenge

Subject: Re: [xsl] Table formatting challenge
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Jul 2001 08:10:56 -0400
/ David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
| Actually Norm contacted me off the list over the weekend,  I'm not
| totally familiar with the American idiom, but I think it translated as
| a comment that my code, whilst technically correct, was not as general
| as perhaps required.

Yeah, that's one translation :-)

| So here's a second version that isn't as elegant as the first but is
| more general (although as written it only copes with row spans in single
| figures)

By "single figures", do you mean row spans less than 10 or something
else?

Anyway, this code doesn't quite seem to work. In particular, for

<informaltable>
<tgroup cols="4">
<colspec colname="c4b" colnum="4"/>
<tbody>
<row>
  <entry>A</entry>
  <entry>B</entry>
  <entry morerows="2">C</entry>
  <entry morerows="2">D</entry>
</row>
<row>
  <entry morerows="2">E</entry>
  <entry>F</entry>
</row>
<row>
  <entry>G</entry>
</row>
<row>
  <entry>H</entry>
  <entry namest="c4b">I</entry>
</row>
</tbody>
</tgroup>
</informaltable>

It produces too-many extra cells:

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@xxxxxxx   | Waste no more time arguing what a good man
XML Standards Engineer | should be. Be one.--Marcus Aurelius