[xsl] How to refer to the tag name

Subject: [xsl] How to refer to the tag name
From: Lajos Moczar <lmocz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 07:33:11 -0600
Hi all. I think (hope!) this is a simple question ...

I have a stylesheet in which I want to refer to the tag name, not the tag contents. My XML is built dynamically as a result of a database query and looks like this:

<row>
 <id>1</id>
 <name>Tom</name>
 <dob>19800322</dob>
</row>
<row>
</row>

I simply want to build column headers based on the names of the column tags - id, name, dob. So I have a template rule to match the first occurance of <row>:

<xsl:template match="row[position()=1]">
    <xsl:for-each select="*">
      <!-- What goes here? -->
    </xsl:for-each>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

All I need is to get the name of each child tag of the row element as I loop through with <xsl:for-each>. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Lajos Moczar
galatea.com