RE: [xsl] Ampersand

Subject: RE: [xsl] Ampersand
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:37:19 +0300
Hip hei!

> However what I actually get is "&" when running the transformation
> instead of "&" as intended, is that because the "xsl:text" is
> inside the
> "<xsl:attribute>" statement?, When I use the same "xsl:text" statement
> outside
> the "xsl:attribute",  I get the "&" as expected, any one

>From XSLT 1.0 spec "16.4 Disabling Output Escaping"

"It is an error for output escaping to be disabled for a text node that is
used for something other than a text node in the result tree. Thus, it is an
error to disable output escaping for an xsl:value-of or xsl:text element
that is used to generate the string-value of a comment, processing
instruction or attribute node"

> aware of how to
> go about getting the "&" inside the "xsl:attribute"?

E.g. Saxon has an extension saxon:disable-output-escaping which may be set
on the xsl:attribute element. Other than that - try and not use the entity -
I take it that someValue is not a character reference, right?

Jarno