Re: [xsl] Extra xmlns=""

Subject: Re: [xsl] Extra xmlns=""
From: Laurence O Garfield <lgarfiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:54:56 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, David Carlisle wrote:

> As Mike commented, two of those systems are getting this wrong.
> Unfortunately you haven't shown enough of the stylesheet to determine
> which. (just need to see the xsl:stylesheet start tag)
>
> <xsl:template match="article">
>
> so here <html is in the XHTML namespace as are all unprefixed elements
> _in that template_.

Ah!  Now I see.

I checked the <xsl:stylesheet> tag, and I did not have a no-prefix
namespace defined.  When I added

xmlns="http://www/w3c/org/1999/xhtml";

to the <xsl:stylesheet> tag and ran it again, I did not get the extra
undeclarations.  So it appears that MSXML and XT were correct, and Xalan
was in error.

Thanks, Dave!  I guess I should let the Xalan folks know... :-)

--Larry Garfield