RE: [xsl] alternating table background colour in an for-each 'loop'

Subject: RE: [xsl] alternating table background colour in an for-each 'loop'
From: "Tim Watts" <timw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:23:42 +1000
Michael,

You may have found a solution now.  I began a reply earlier, but got
side-tracked by work!!!

Basically you can change the colours of rows by using the position()
function and mod

(mod being an math term which gives the remainder if a division.  ie. 13 mod
4 would be 1.  13 can be divided by 4 three times and leaves a remainder of
1.)

An example is shown below, using a CSS.

<xsl:template match="products">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="position() mod 4 = 0">
        <xsl:call-template name="showproducts" />
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="position() mod 4 = 1">
        <xsl:call-template name="showproducts" />
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="position() mod 4 = 2">
        <xsl:call-template name="showproducts" />
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="position() mod 4 = 3">
        <xsl:call-template name="showproducts" />
    </xsl:when>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

Hope that that provides enough info to go on,

Cheers, Tim Watts :)