Re: SV: SV: [xsl] PDF creation using FO and Displaying PDF in IE Brow ser

Subject: Re: SV: SV: [xsl] PDF creation using FO and Displaying PDF in IE Brow ser
From: Anis h <anishrajv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:15:02 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks a lot!

I have only the following :

Update Versions: SP1;

I think this could be my problem, I think if I get

Update Versions: SP1; Q279328; Q286045; Q286043;
> Q299618;

then I might not have to refresh!

Now I have another question:

what version of adobe you have( I have 4.0) , just
wanted to narrow down the cause to IE instead of
Adobe.

Thanks
 Anish

http://localhost:8080/servlet/cm.dx.fg.stng.TestServlet?=.pdf

> > The reason why I am trying to read the pdf and
> > display
> > is .. I should make this work so I can create pdf
> on
> > the fly and display them in the browser with out
> > having them stored in the hard drive or in the
> > server!!
> >

> > here is snippet from my servlet:
> >

> > public void
> > service(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest req,
> > javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse res)
> throws
> > javax.servlet.ServletException,
> java.io.IOException{
> > res.setContentType("application/pdf");
> >
> > java.io.PrintWriter out = res.getWriter();
> >
> > java.io.File pdfFile = new
> java.io.File("c:/pcsync",
> > "out.pdf"); java.io.BufferedReader reader = new
> > java.io.BufferedReader(new
> > java.io.FileReader(pdfFile));
> >
> > String input = ""; do { input = reader.readLine();
> > if(input != null) { out.println(input); }
> > }while(input
> > != null);
> > }
> >

> > Thanks for your help!
> >
> > Anish
> > --- Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Anis,
> > >
> > > It sounds like you tried something more sensible
> > and
> > > rational than Matt
> > > suggested. But you need to try exactly what he
> > > suggested - make sure
> > > that the last characters of the URL that fetches
> > the
> > > PDF document are
> > > ".pdf". It's kind of yucky, but I had the same
> > > problem and solution a
> > > year or two ago, and it sounds like IE hasn't
> > fixed
> > > this "feature" yet.
> > >
> > > Francis.

> unfortunately