RE: [xsl] Getting date of the XSL transformation into HTML output

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting date of the XSL transformation into HTML output
From: "LAJ" <shaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:19:23 +0100
<snip>

>>Is there a way to do this with an XSL file without reverting to
'extension'
>>functions? Mike Kay suggested "passing the current date in to the
stylesheet
>>as a parameter", but I'm not sure how to do this or what the exact syntax
>>would be...

Within the stylesheet just include an <xsl:param name="parametername"/> tag
to contain the parameter. you might want to set this to a default value
within the stylesheet however I am not certain whether default values are
overwritten by all xlst processors...I'd expect though so.

How to get your parameter into the stylesheet is dependent upon the
processor you use. With MSXML you would use

yourXSLProcessorObject.addParameter "parametername", value

(thats an ASP example - syntax is depedent upon language of course) I cant
help you with the syntax for others sorry although I did see a post on deja
the other day with some examples for this.

Good luck

Lee