[xsl] Apologies and 2 questions

Subject: [xsl] Apologies and 2 questions
From: Nathan Shaw <n8_shaw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 07:11:24 -0700 (PDT)
First off, I apologize if I offended people by asking
that replies to my previous queries go directly to me
as I am a digester. Some people took it upon
themselves to tell me that it is not polite.

I really wish I could be a regular subscriber, but
XML/XSL is only part of my required skillset. It is
only a small part right now. I also have to keep up
with XHTML, Java, CF, Javascript, SQL, etc... I simply
don't have time to read every message that comes in,
as I am already a member of 4 other high-traffic
lists. Getting the XSL digest affords me the ability
to scan and learn when I can find some free time.

So, if you think what I did was rude, I apologize.

Secondly, I have 2 questions. Please pardon me, as I
know they are newbie questions... (As an aside, if
anyone has a good reference, be it book, web site,
etc... for XSLT/XML/DTD's, I would love to know about
it. Perhaps then I would not have to bother the list
with such banal questions. But, I am finding good info
on XSLT/DTD's rather hard to come by)

1) I have an XML document that can contain HTML within
an element. i.e.

<section>
  <sectiontext>This is <a
href="http://www.yahoo.com";>section
</section>

What needs to be done in the DTD and/or XSL to make
this work? Right now, I have the sectiontext element
defined as PCDATA, so it is barfing when HTML is in
there.

2) I am using the XHTML Transitional Doctype on all of
the outputted content, so I need to have all
standalone tags closed (<br />, <hr />). How do make
the XSL output the end slash to make all of my output
XHTML compliant?

TIA,

<shirk>
*I am a digester and would appreciate a direct
response  (n8_shaw@xxxxxxxxx). Please do not be
offended :>
</shirk>

Nate