Re: [xsl] Why does using the XSL namespace default namespace preclude literal result elements in the empty namespace?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why does using the XSL namespace default namespace preclude literal result elements in the empty namespace?
From: Aaron Hope <edh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:44:40 -0400
David Carlisle wrote:

I am not at all clear what your question is, if XSL is the default
namespace so you have <template match=".. then literal result elements
can be in any prefixed namespace, or if you don't want to prefix them
use

David

It seemed to me you were suggesting two options, put html els in a non-default namespace or
chage the default namespace. I was trying to say that the first wouldn't work for me, but that
the second was an option.

I've become resigned to the (perceived) fact that xslt can't do what I want to do cleanly, and no
I don't consider the workarounds I've heard and found to be clean. Now I'm more interested in finding out if there's a good reason for it, and if not, fixing it in the next version.

I'm quite willing to patch the various open source processors to do what I feel is appropriate,
but there's not much point unless it's in accordance with errata or a future standard. I'm not big
on vender-specific extensions.

I want to know if people agree with me when I say "This is how it should work". If not, I'd
like to know why.

I know this is a fairly minor issue. I've been living with fairly minor issues for a while now.
I just figured it was time to stop complaining and see if there was anything I could do about it.

aaron

The html output method precludes using any namespace on the literal result elements.

exactly: <html xmlns=""> is _not_ in a namespace.

Changing the default namespace works though, and it's what I settled on yesterday night.

which is what I suggested above, no?

David