Re: [xsl] Re: producing php with xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: producing php with xslt
From: Alex Black <enigma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:03:34 -0700
> Actually, as someone mentioned, PHP will parse <script
> language="php"></script>, but that still doesn't solve the problem of
> sticking php code into an attribute using XSLT.
>
> I'll try the string literal with output escaping off as someone sudgested.
> I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling that wont work either.  Apparently
> Sablotron is already showing some unusual behavior in what I've run into.
> I'm not surprised.  But perhaps in this case it will help me.  From what
> I've heard, it's not the most desirable XSLT parser, but it's the only thing
> PHP has libraries written for, and I'm stuck with PHP for this project.  I'm
> considering trying to get the php java extension installed so I can use
> xalan.

hi matt,

fyi that sablot problem is going away: as of 4.0.6 php's xslt api is
generalized, expect to see hooks to basically every xslt processor except
ms' in the next couple months :)

I think you're probably best off making up a key that you like to php
open/close tags, like ##php_start## ##php_end## etc.

best,

_alex

--
alex black, ceo