RE: [xsl] transform optimization for a schema-constrained domain

Subject: RE: [xsl] transform optimization for a schema-constrained domain
From: "Huebel, David" <dhuebel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:05:59 -0500
I became curious about this because for a each type of output I produce, I
have a single stylesheet that transforms several types of documents.
In most cases, the generic stylesheet is very readable and maintainable but
very inefficient.  I could optimize performance by creating a different
stylesheet for each type of input document, but that would multiply the
creation and maintenance overhead on the stylesheets.  Hence my desire to
automatically optimize a transform for a given schema.  Are there any other
tricks that help in this situation?

David