RE: [xsl] RE: New ContextNode Question

Subject: RE: [xsl] RE: New ContextNode Question
From: "Michael Fitzgerald" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:52:08 -0700
XPath describes or treats an XML document as a bunch of nodes, such as
element nodes. XSLT instruction elements, such as apply-templates, return a
node-set or a list of nodes from a processed XML document. The current node
is the current node being processed in the node list. current() and . return
this current node. The current node is XSLT terminology and the context node
is XPath terminology for the same thing. (A node processed in a predicate or
filter [] is the current node at the time the predicate is processed.) When
in doubt, appeal to the court of last resort for all things XSLT, namely,
Mike Kay's /XSLT Programmer's Reference, 2nd Edition/.

-Mike Fitzgerald