Re: [xsl] Re: StylishMonkey.com

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: StylishMonkey.com
From: Richard Draucker <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:07:10 -0400
You've done a lot in a fairly brief time.  You should be proud of yourself.
One suggestion for your site (others may disagree).  Your CSS uses pts for
font sizing.  This causes your text to be nearly unreadable on my larger high
res monitor viewed by my deficient old eyes.  Check out use of EM and EX for
CSS font sizing... you'll get a much better result than using PTS or PX.
Also, to ensure a consistent experience across browsers, use a javascript to
load browser specific stylesheets (this allows you to maximize on CSS while
compensating for each browser maker's shortfalls).  The javascript is just a
browser sniffer with a bunch of document.writes that output the appropriate
css link.  You can get extreme with it if you like and do screen res
detection to load res specific stylesheets (rem stylesheets can include
additional external stylesheets).

Hope this was useful,
Richard

On Wednesday 01 August 2001 08:34 am, you wrote:
> Hello people I just signed up to this mailist, and would like to introduce
> myself; my names Martin I am aged 15 and I have been interested in internet
> technologies since last Christmas when I got a computer and connection to
> the internet. In this time I have learnt a few Programming languages inc
> PHP, XML, XSL(T),  (X)HTML and some others (mainly XML sister technologies
> inc XPointer XLinking etc.) And now I have created a website @
> http://www.stylishmonkey.com the site is on the subject of XML and other
> XML based languages, the site is nowhere near finished but I'm hoping to do
> so real soon! Please send your comments on the design and goals of the
> site!
>
> Yours Martin
>
> http://www.StylishMonkey.com - The Dynamic Web Experience

Richard Draucker richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx