[xsl] MSXML - Processing non standard characters

Subject: [xsl] MSXML - Processing non standard characters
From: Warren Keane <Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:57:46 -0700
I am trying to transform an HTTP XML document which contains special
characters using MSXML. I receive the following error when the
transformation occurs:

XML Error loading ''
An invalid character was found in text content.

I have no control over the format of the XML document. The XML document has
<?xml version="1.0"?>in the first line. Microsoft's site says: Re-encode the
XML data as proper UTF-8.

I added the following to my XSL file but it still doesn't work: <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

Since I can't change the original XML file, how can I resolve this problem.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.