[xsl] remove blank xmlns

Subject: [xsl] remove blank xmlns
From: Paul_B_Grimes@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:57:32 -0700
I would like to solve my problem using xsl.
I am using asp to append to an existing xml file.  I have set
resolveExternals = False .  This seems to work fine as far as leaving my
xsl and schema references in place.  My problem is that when
resolveExternals = False, a blank namespace call is inserted.  How can I
stop this from showing up? or remove it from asp?  Here is an example of
what is happening:

original file:

<?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="sortProjects.xsl"?>
<current_projects xmlns="x-schema:sortProjects-schema.xml">
  <project>
    <stuff>blah blah</stuff>
    <more_stuff>blah blah blah</more_stuff>
  </project>
</current_projects>

When the file is appended to with the asp code, I get this:

<?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="sortProjects.xsl"?>
<current_projects xmlns="x-schema:sortProjects-schema.xml">
  <project>
    <stuff>blah blah</stuff>
    <more_stuff>blah blah blah</more_stuff>
  </project>
  <project xmlns="">
    <stuff>blah blah</stuff>
    <more_stuff>blah blah blah</more_stuff>
  </project>
</current_projects>

Is there any way to get rid of this blank namespace reference with xsl?
Please help if you can, thank you very much for your time.

Paul Grimes