[xsl] change a list of attribute name

Subject: [xsl] change a list of attribute name
From: Xiaocun Xu <xiaocunxu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 18:21:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

  I have a header which consisted of normal names such
as "Last Name".  For each of these, I would like to
replace it with a valid XML attribute name such as
LastName.  What would be the best way to do it?  Use
<xsl:when> as follow would be the most
straight-forward:
<xsl:when test="$header/cell[1] = 'Last Name'">
  <xsl:attribute name="LastName">
    <!-- etc. -->
  </xsl:attribute>
</xsl:when>

Another possibility is to create a node-set of proper
XML attribute names in $XMLHeader that matchs up with
the header, and do something like following:
<xsl:for-each select="$header/cell">
  <xsl:attribute
name="$XMLHeader/cell[@column=current()/@column]">
  </xsl:attribute>
</xsl:when>

Would this be a feasible plan?  My biggest concern is
that the support for xsl:node-set is not standardize
across the XSLT processors, so the code is not
portable across XSLT processors.  Any other side
effects?

Much thanks for any advice on this topic,

Xiaocun